Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New semester, new focus

The new semester has started and with that a new area of exploration that I am figuring out. The main focus the last few months has been actual classroom technology that can be used in the hands of students, as well as teachers. I will still address some of those areas, as I am now the proud owner of a EEE pc. My wife was nice enough to get me one for my birthday this past January. So far so good with the little machine. I will write a more comprehensive review later in the semester as I am using the machine for a number of different tasks. Mostly school work and planning for the class that I am teaching this semester.

This semester I am focusing on content management systems, mostly Joomla. We are using that CMS as a gateway for the Adventure Learning project I am working on in a group. Our focus is using the content presented in a pre-service teacher class and moving it into a hybrid on-line, classroom environment. Working with Joomla is proving to be quite a challenge for me. I think I really need more of a plan for the whats and the hows of the project. I need to formulate a better plan for the lessons and see how the technology can better enhance what it is that we are trying to teach to the pre-service teachers and give them an experience that they haven't been through before.

I have also started a twitter feed. It is integrated underneath my profile.

No comments: