Thursday, November 22, 2007

Source Material and the "Remix"

I was subbing the other day and one of the English teachers was talking about how to convey mood and setting in his film and media class. About that time I was setting up my Youtube account so I could embed my "How to request a Sub" video. I came across the "Scary Mary" Mary Poppins trailer. At first, I thought, "That is so neat." I then thought about the mood that had to be set up in order for the video to be effective. In the school all of the students are taught about using iMovie, so couldn't creating a new trailer for a movie be away to show how well the students understand creating mood and even evoking emotion. The other video clip is a remix of The Incredibles, which I think is even better than the Mary Poppins.


The Incredibles Recut
(sorry, the person turned off embedding)

Scary Mary

From the Youtube Description:

This contains the musical piece "A Violent Attack" composed by Caine Davidson for the film 'An American Haunting,' "Stay Awake" written by Richard and Robert Sherman for Disney's 'Mary Poppins,' and stock sounds from iMovie.

No comments: