Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The use of a Web 2.0 app

So, I tired to use another Web 2.0 app. I have mostly been using office-type applications in the past such as Zoho and Google Doc. The piece that appears to really be missing from those apps is some kind of reliable task-manager. I tried RemembertheMilk.com.The app functions nicely and has a very clear and intuitive interface. I entered in some items that needed to get done and their due dates. My problem was/is that I never go back to the site to get the information to keep it up to date. It becomes lost in the file of "yet-another-website-to-log-in-to." I know that you can set your web browser to remember website log-ins and passwords, but I am not around the same computer all day. There is the option of portable browsers on a USB thunbdrive, but that doesn't really work across Windows, Macs, and Linux. In the end, the site was nice, but I didn't think that it worked well for me.

No comments: