Friday, September 21, 2007

With a sniffle and a cough

Class yesterday was about the hardest thing that I have done in a while. My nose continues to run a marathon down my face and coming to a rest in my chest. Fortunately, the walk to the bus-stop after was not as wet as it was the web-site presentations. Anyway, I was able to finish up up my Inspiration yesterday before class. I centered mine around coffee and a few aspects about the production, history, and social arena. The concept map was a bit bigger than the writing space provided by Blogger, so I don't know what I will try and do. The answer might be to use Picasa and link to the picture, as I don't really feel like messing around with the code anymore. Getting the title of the blog was hard enough. What would be cool would to have a mouse-over and the picture would just pop-up. kind of like how Netflix does it with their movies synopsis.

I have a plan in mind for the Powerpoint, which should go fine. Speaking of Powerpoint, I did find one of the shortcomings to the Google Presenter and Zoho Show. They don't export into the ppt format. You are able to download the presentation into an HTML document and view it through a web-browser, but not through Powerpoint (or at least, I have not found a way to do so).

2 comments:

ChristineGreenhow said...

I have a bad cold right now, so I appreciate your hanging in there for class. Your first post raises the absolutely right question - what is the benefit? But I'm thinking you may not be able to answer the question: what is it going to provide that isn't being provided now up front until you've had some time to use the innovation. In other words, we don't always know that we don't know...which is of course, a hard sell for funders ;)

ChristineGreenhow said...

In fact, maybe instead of reading and posting for the next class -- we should spend some time window blogging each other's blogs, posting comments as the mood strikes us, and window blogging in the blogosphere. What do you think?