Friday, September 14, 2007

My life with Inspiration(tm)

The assignments from this past class are two that have been plaguing me for quite sometime. Not just in the sense that these are assignment for a class, but these are two pieces of work that I have been meaning to experiement with for a while.

Finishing and finalizing a blogging site... I have had a blog on blogger for about two years now. I started it with the best of intentions, as would be evident from the frequent postings. I had read somewhere that a regular posting schedule would help bring in readers. Not that I was looking for readers, but it would have been nice. I thought it would be neat to chronical the events of moving the middle of the US, starting a Phd program, and getting married. To me that sounded like a good source of writable and readable material. Well, all of those pieces happened and they were quite eventful, except for the chronicalling. The events got the better of me and the writing never happened. So the blog just sat there with no postings for a long time...and pretty much still does to this day. Although, I did just add to it with bigger update and a few links.

Inspiration has been talked around me for a few years when I was a teacher. I saw it used, and I always had good intentions of using it in the classroom. Much like the blog, a survival mode of simply getting through life as a Jr. High Special Education teacher took over. The use of technology as a tool in the classroom was more of "if I can pick it up and use it right now, then I will try it." I didn't have time to play around and work out a plan for teaching the tool or even intengrating it into my presentations for class.

I guess now is the time to finally cross off some of good intentions of the past.

No comments: